- Trip Style:
- Ways to Travel: Guided Trek
- Activities: Culture
- Group Size: 2-12
- High Altitude 4200M ( Annapurna Base Camp )
Central Nepal is dominated by the Annapurna Himal and town of Pokhara. Among trekking destination in this region Annapurna base camp is Nepal’s second most popular trekking destination in Nepal, after Everest Base camp. Trekkers get opportunity to experience variety of terrains, from lowland villages and rice terraces to glaciers and outstanding view of high snow capped mountains. The view you wake up to of Annapurna massif and Machhapuchre from your own 4130m Annapurna Base camp is the highlight of this trek.
This gives opportunity to surround oneself with Himalayan peaks in very short period of time, with no problem of having to contend with altitude or flight problem unlike other trekking routes. The trek starts from the stunning Pokhara, followed by 11 days of trekking though very richly cultured Gurung and Magar villages Tea House mixed with extraordinary high altitude scenery, beautiful forest and Hot Spring!
We responsible trek have added a diversion to Ghorepani on return route provides a view of Dhaulagiri from PoonHill. This being very popular, the lodges extends all the way into the Sanctuary. After the trek one can relax in picturesque Pokhara and enjoy the niceties of civilization in the stunning view of lakeside with bottle of beer!
- Depature : Kathmandu
- Starting From : Pokhara
- Grade : Moderate
- Max. Elevation : 4200m (Annapurna Base Camp)
- Activity : Trekking Adventure
- Culture : Gurung, Magar
- Mode of Trek : Teahouse
- Attraction : Close Mountain View, Villages
- Himalayan sights : Dhaulagiri, Fishtail, Annapurna range, Manaslu, Nilgiri etc
- Day 01 Kathmandu [1.300 m] drive to Pokhara [827 m] Breakfast [ Hotel In Pokhara ]
Today morning we’ll take gorgeous roads to one of the country’s premier destinations, Pokhara. Our late-afternoon arrival allows us to enjoy sunset with the Annapurna massif in the background. We’ll stay at the hotel-situated lakeside next to the Pokhara Valley. It has spectacular, panoramic views of Machhapuchhare (Fishtail Mountain) and three of the world’s 8,000m peaks, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, and Annapurna.
- Day 02 Pokhara drive to Nayapul - trek to Tikhedhunga [1.540 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
A scenic 1-hour drive from Pokhara takes us to the starting point of our trek. Crossing the suspension bridge over the Modi Khola River, we ascend slowly through terraced fields and classic mountain villages. Along the way we will encounter mule or goat caravans carrying supplies to the mountains, heralded by the musical bells they wear. The stunning peaks of Machhapuchhare and Annapurna peaking over the green ridges will greet us from time to time as we continue up to Tikhedhunga.
- Day 03 Trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani [2.775 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
Today begins with a real heart-starter! We have a steep ascent to get us going and then a more gradual uphill walk takes us to our camp at Ghorepani. We will pass through some delightful villages and the beautiful, dense rhododendron forest so characteristic of Nepal at these altitudes! If the weather is clear we will see stunning mountain views from Ghorepani, making the climb well worth it! Ghorepani literally means “horse water” and is a popular stopping place for the mule trains, which ply the route from Pokhara to Jomsom and beyond. The impressive peak, which can be seen across the broad valley of the Kali Gandaki to the northwest, is Dhaulagiri.
- Day 04 Sunrise at Poon Hill [3.200 m] - Trek to Tadapani [2.650 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
It is an absolute must for those who stay at Ghorepani to make the walk up to the celebrated view point of Poon Hill [3195m], which overlooks the village. Dawn is the best time to go so we arrange a wake up call for 5 am and head up the well-marked track by torchlight. The first light of dawn illuminates Dhaulagiri and Tukuche Peak with a surreal pink glow. We return to Ghorepani for breakfast, before trekking on to Tadapani through rhododendron forest. If we are lucky we will see some wild animals, such as langur monkeys climbing through the trees. There are excellent views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhare from Tadapani.
- Day 05 Tadapani - Chhomrung [2.600 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
You will be trekking from Tadapani to Chhomrung. Chhomrung is at elevation of 2600 m and you will need to hike for about 7 hours. Chhomrung is a known for its Gurung communities. From this Gurung village, there is a tremendous view of Annapurna South, as well as impressive views of Machhapuchhare-Fish Tail Mountain.
- Day 06 Chhomrung - Himalaya [3.200 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
After dropping down to the Chhomrung Khola on steep stone steps, the trail climbs again, initially through terraced fields and then through a forest of bamboo and rhododendron. Today’s walk is always either up or down on steep paths which are often paved. Sometimes there are views of the Annapurnas and Machhapuchhare ahead, but often the forest is too thick to allow more than a tantalizing glimpse. After reaching the village of Khuldigar, we descend a stone staircase to a section of exceptionally thick bamboo forest, which leads to the settlement known as “Bamboo Lodge”. From here, we climb steeply through bamboo and rhododendron forest, following the trail high above the river to day’s end at Himalaya Hotel.
- Day 07 Himalaya - Machhapuchere Base Camp [3.700 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
Climbing steeply, we soon reach a fire-blackened overhang, which has been walled-in to make a small lodge. This place is known as Hinku Cave. The trail rises continually now, as we near the entry to the Sanctuary. Passing the lodges at Deurali and Bagar, we arrive at the level and grassy moraine platform known as Machhapuchhare Base Camp.
- Day 08 Machhapuchere Base Camp - Annapurna Base Camp [4.130 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
Another short day today, and a fairly gentle ascent through tranquil meadows brings us to Annapurna South Base Camp. Increasingly impressive views reward us for our efforts as we climb the last steep section before reaching the base camp area. From here there are fantastic views of the south face of Annapurna 1.
- Day 09 Annapurna Base Camp – Bamboo [2.310 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
Today we retrace our steps as far as Himalaya Hotel. Bamboo is at an altitude of 2310m, this will take you about 6 hours
- Day 10 Bamboo - Jhinuwa Danda [1.750 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
Jhinuwa Danda is at an elevation of 1750 m and it will take about 5 hours to reach. This village is known for its diverse community
- Day 11 Jhinuwa Danda - Ghandruk [2.100 m] Breakfast Lunch and Dinner [ Local Teahouse]
From here the trail ascends through beautiful forests to Ghandruk, which is a stunning village of Gurung people, one of Nepal’s most famous ethnic groups, known for their distinctive dialect, culture, costume, and life style. Ghandruk is also home to many soldiers from the famous Gurkha regiments. From here we can have stunning views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Fishtail.
- Day 12 Ghandruk trek to Nayapul (4 hrs) and drive to Pokhara (1 hrs) Lunch and Dinner [ Hotel in Pokhara ]
We can enjoy a final downhill walk through forest and villages for about 4 hrs to Nayapul. From here we drive for about 1 hour back to Pokhara where our trek ends and we can enjoy a shower and relax on this stunning lakeside town enjoying the memories!
Inclusions & Details
- All meals (Breakfast/lunch/dinner with tea\coffee), accommodation in teahouses,
- Government Licensed guide
- Ground transportation
- Entry permits and TIMS
- all necessaries for Nepalese staffs (all meals, accommodation in tea houses, equipment’s, insurance etc.)
- All Government Tax
- Any bar bills (alcoholic drinks, mineral water, cold drinks), cigarettes
- Clients personal insurance
- Any kind of unforeseen expenses etc.
- Tips to Guide and Porters
- Anything not mentioned above
Date & Price
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price
For Queries & Reservations
Group travel is a great way to discover new adventures and create memories that last forever . Choose your trip with guaranteed departure dates and join us now.