- Trip Style: PK2
- Ways to Travel: Guided
- Activities: Culture
- Group Size: 2-12
- High Altitude 3685 M
Jumla, Rara Lake and Sinja Valley Trek is truly one of the most fascinating offbeat treks in Nepal. Rara Lake nestles like a sparkling jewel amongst verdant forested hills at the heart of Nepal’s least visited National Park. At just over 5 Km (3 Miles) in length, it is the largest body of water in the country and lies at an altitude of 2935 M (9630 ft) in the district of Mugu. The populations of several villages were relocated to the Terai when the park was inaugurated in 1975.
Though comparitively short, the hike in from Jumla is strenuous, passing through tranquil valley and mysterious, magical coniferous forests reminiscent of British Columbia.
This itinerary can be customized as per your interest and time frame. (You can also drive from Jumla to Rara via-Sinja Valley and Danphe Lagna)
- Day 1 Kathmandu (1400m) to Nepalgunj (150m) to Jumla (2540flight and Nepalgunj to Jumla (2540m) Tea House
If we take 55 minutes morning flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and on the same day can fly to Jumla that takes nearly 45 minutes. Jumla is regional headquarter of Karnali zone.
The travel can be done by bus or small vehicles that take 12 to 14 hours from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then fly take a plane to Jumla that takes nearly 35 minutes. OR The travel can be made by bus to Jumla from Kathmandu that takes nearly 24 hours.
- Day 2 Jumla to Khali Gaon (3685m) Camping
- Day 3 Khali Gaon to Bulbule (3182m) Camping
- Day 4 Bulbule to Jhyari (2635m) Camping
- Day 5 Jhyari to Rara (2980m) camping
- Day 6 Rara Exploration day Camping
- Day 7 Hike to Talcha Airport Tea House
- Day 8 Mugu to Nepalgunj flight and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu flight
Inclusions & Details
For Queries & Reservations
Group travel is a great way to discover new adventures and create memories that last forever . Choose your trip with guaranteed departure dates and join us now.