- Trip Style: TT 1
- Ways to Travel: Drive, Hiking, Sightseeing, Tour
- Activities: Tibet Tour
- Group Size: 2-14
- High Altitude 5365 m.
We begin our journey by exploring Nepal’s bustling capital, Kathmandu. From here we take a spectacular mountain flight & cross the world’s most famous mountain range, the Himalayas passing close to Mt Everest before we descend into Tibet. Here we will spend our first few nights in Lhasa, considered by many as the heart and soul of Tibet. Previously recognised as the Forbidden City, Lhasa is a place of devout Buddhist pilgrimage and to this day remains a city of true wonder. There’s a real medieval feel to this city, with its ancient architecture & abundance of market stalls, selling everything from prayer flags & Tibetan turquoise to yak skulls. Here the prostrations of pilgrims can be witnessed as they carry out their devotional kora. Leaving Lhasa behind, we travel south through the vast Tibetan landscape, a geographical plateau in the true sense of the word. We make our way over high passes & visit ancient monasteries on our route to reaching the true gem of Tibet – Mt Everest. It truly is an awe-inspiring experience to stand beneath the mighty North Face of this the world’s highest mountain and one can’t help but be humbled by its dominating presence. Nowhere is the view of Mt Everest as spectacular as it is from right here.
From here our journey continues over highland passes, seeing some of the most stunning mountain vistas in the world before finally crossing the Himalayas to begin our descent down through the lush, green foothills and cultivated terraces of Nepal, back to the Kathmandu Valley.
- Starting From : Kathmandu
- End at : Kathmandu
- Duration : 7 Days
- Grade : Moderate – Easy
- Max. Elevation : 5365 m
- Activity : Tour, Hiking, World Heritage sites visit
- Culture : Buddhist
- Best Season : May to November
- Himalayan sights : Mt. Everest, Mt. Shishapangma, Mt. Gaurisankar, Mt. Dorjee Lakpa, Mt. Cho Oyu
- Day 01 Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa [3650m] 1:25 hrs Hotel in Lhasa
An hour twenty five minutes short flight to Lhasa give you a panoramic view of snowy Himalayan ranges get you to Lhasa (Tibet) , Those mountains which over 8000m are just moving across you, and you cannot see the side of the snow-capped mountains. Arrive Lhasa Gongar International Airport, tour guide will await you outside the arrival area.
Do have a comfort stop near Nietang Buddha where a giant statue of Buddha has been carved out of a stone cliff-face centuries ago. One of the first buildings you could see as you enter the city is the Potala Palace, sitting majestically on a hill dominating Lhasa. Stay at the hotel after arrival for adapting to the high attitude.
- Day 02 Full day Sightseeing in Lhasa [Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street] Hotel in Lhasa
After breakfast, our tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama. It’s situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It’s a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artifacts.Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual center for Buddhists in Tibet. Next to the temple there is Bakhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewelry.
- Day 03 Full Day Sightseeing in Lhasa [Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery] Hotel in Lhasa
In the morning you’ll visit Drepung Monastery, which used to be the largest monastery with more than 10 thousand monks, Buddhist debates often occur there. Seen from afar, its grand, white construction gives the monastery the appearance of a heap of rice.In Tibetan language, means Monastery of Collecting-Rice. Learn about the lives of Tibetan monks there.
In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery, which was created in 1419 and has always been an important Buddhist seminary. As rose are planted everywhere in the monastery, it is also called “the court of wild rose”. Today still 200 lamas live in there. Catch the famous debate session of the monks before returning back to Lhasa.
- Day 04 Drive to Shigatse [3900m/280km.] via [Yamdrok Tso & Gyantse] 6-7 hrs Hotel in Shigatse
After fully exploration of Lhasa, you’ll have a chance to get lost in the endless Tibetan landscape while you take a short hike along the turquoise waters of Lake Yamdrok, one of the three holy lakes in Tibet. This dazzling lake is normally first seen from the summit of the Kamba-la (4700m). The lake lies several hundred metres below the road, and it is shaped like a coiling scorpion. Far in the distance is the huge massif of Mt. Nojin Kangstsang (7191m).
Then pass by the 5,010 m high Karo-la and the Simi La forward to Gyantse (3,950m). Visit Pelkor Monastery as well as the splendid Kumbum Stupa (100-Thousand-Buddha Pagoda) nearby, both of them built in the15th century and situated in the northwestern edge of Gyantse.
In the afternoon drive about 90 kilometers to Shigatse (3880m), the second largest city with 40,000 inhabitants in Tibet and the traditional capital of the Tsang. Upon arrival, you’ll have an opportunity to explore the Tashilumpo Monastery, the holy seat of the Panchen Lama, which is essentially a walled town with cobbled and twisting lanes that revolve around a magnificent monastery.
- Day 05 Drive to Everest Base Camp [5365m/342km.] 6-7 hrs Tented Guest House
Today we have an early start to drive westwards the Friendship way to Rongbuk. On the way the drive is full of magnificent scenery and cross some extremely high passes including Gyatsola (5248m).
The road to Everest diverts off the newly paved Friendship highway near the town of Shegar and turns into bumpy gravel trail, which is still 90km to get to Rongpuk.If it is in clear weather, you can have a glimpse of 4 mountains which is 8000m high or more, such as: Mt. Lhotse (8516m) Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Cho you (8201m), Mt. Mayalu (8463m).
- Day 06 Drive EBC to Kyirong [2750m/330km.] via Peiku Tso; 6-7 hrs Guesthouse in Kyirong
In the morning, if the weather is good, tourists can see the sun rise on the top of Mt Everest, after visiting the base camp, drive to Tongla pass to see the panoramic view of Himalaya mountain range. Then driving down to beautiful valley Kyirong, where is surrounded by forest with ice-capped mountain background. The altitude is about 2650m.
- Day 07 Drive From Kyirong to Kathmandu via Rasuwa Boarder [195km] 6-7 hrs Hotel in Kathmandu
In the morning, drive clients to the Sino-Nepal border – Kyirong, tour guide will assist clients to check out of the border. After going through the immigration, Nepalese driver will pick you up at the border and drive to Kathmandu.The road to Kathmandu is bumpy but the scenery is quite beautiful, you can see the deep gorges, rivers all through the way.the road condition is rough in Nepal so this 160km road takes a whole day….
Inclusions & Details
- Tibet/China visa fee.
- pick up and drop.
- Pick up from Rasuwa border by private jeep or mini bus as per group size.
- 04 Nights’ twin sharing standard hotel in Lhasa/Shigatse and rest best available Guest House accommodation will be provided
- Tourist standard Van or Mini Bus will be provided for the tour.
- Sightseeing with a good English speaking Tibetan guide as per itinerary.
- All necessary Tibet travel permit.
- All government tax.
- All Entrance fees to monasteries & monuments.
- Portable emergency Oxygen.
- Drinking water
- Any domestic flight
- International flight [KTM-LHASA $ 300-350 approx..]
- Lunch and Dinner in Tibet [Meal cost about USD 6-12 per person for one course]
- Nepal re-entry visa fee.
- Client’s Travel insurance.
- Photography fees in monasteries.
- Extra cost due to natural and political causes such as landslides, snow, strikes, etc.
- All expenses of personal nature such as drinks, phone call, laundry, etc.
- Tips for guide and drive.
- Others which is not mentioned on the above included items.
For Queries & Reservations
Group travel is a great way to discover new adventures and create memories that last forever . Choose your trip with guaranteed departure dates and join us now.