- Trip Style: KHODADA002
- Ways to Travel: Flight, Driving, Hiking
- Activities: Culture
- Group Size: 2-15
- High Altitude 3660 m
Khopra (Ridge) Danda (Khayer Lake) trekking trail is one of the newly open trekking trails in Nepal which is in Annapurna region. Khopra (Ridge) Danda trek connected with Annapurna base camp walking trail separated from Tadapani to Khopra Hill. You pass through the Rhododendron forest, Himalayan Bamboo magnificent of Himalayan panorama which includes Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna (I, II, III and south), Hiunchuli, Machhauchhare, Lamjung Himal and Nilgiri. This is newly open trekking trails in Nepal, very few people know about Khopra Danda trek.
Khopra Danda trek is perfect for those who want trek on non touristic area of Nepal. Khopra (Ridge) Danda trekking will connect with Ghorepani Poon Hill trek. Ghandruk, Kopra Ridge Poon Hill are best view point of Khopra Danda (Ridge) Trek
360 degree view with Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain range
Near and clear view of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna South.
Very clear and beautiful view of valley including Kali Gandaki valley.
Very good view of world deepest gorge The Kali Gandaki Gorge.
Magar ang Gurung community.
- Day Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1.300 m) Hotel in Kathmandu
It is a panoramic thrill flying into Kathmandu on a clear day. The views of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below you are almost ecstatic, beginning a whole chain of memorable experiences that stay with you for a long time. Upon your arrival at Kathmandu, our representative will greet you at airport and escort you to your hotel. At the hotel you will be briefed about your daily activities. Depending on your arrival time, we can organize some exploring in the afternoon to introduce you to this amazing place and its unique ancient-modern mix.
- Day Day 2 Drive to Pokhara [827 m] Hotel in Pokhara
Today morning we’ll take gorgeous roads to one of the country’s premier destinations, Pokhara. Our late-afternoon arrival allows us to enjoy sunset with the Annapurna mass if in the background. We’ll stay at the hotel-situated lakeside next to the Pokhara Valley. It has spectacular, panoramic views of Machhapuchhare (Fishtail Mountain) and three of the world’s 8,000m peaks, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, and Annapurna.
- Day Day 3 Pokhara drive to Nayapul - Trek to Ghandruk [1.980 m] Tea house in Ghandruk
Drive To Nayapul by taxi from Pokhara, it will take about one hour. Then we will start our trek on foot follow half hour Modikhola, cross the river in Birethati, to follow Modi Khola valley passing Shauly Bazaar it takes about 2 hours, and start climb to steps. And continues walk to Ghandruk the beautiful Gurung village 5 to 6 hours walk from Nayapul. The beautiful Mountain View and Gurung culture is interest to see. Overnight at guest house in Ghandruk
- Day Day 4 Trek Ghandruk to Tadapani (5-6 hrs) 2630m/8628 Ft Tea House Tadapani
After breakfast in Ghandruk we will start our trek to Tadapani. Passing through the Rhododendrons Jungle the place call Bhaisi Kharka (Buffalo Grassing Place) then we will continue trek to Tadapani. Tadapani means “far water”, so it’s on the ride of the hill. The place is famous for sunrise and sunset view of fishtail “Machhapurchhare.
- Day Day 5 Trek Tadapani to Dhobato (6-7 hrs) 3420m/11220 Ft Tea House in Dobato
After Tadapani we leave the main trail and for the next five days we will walk in a more remote area of the Annapurna region. On our trek today we get to appreciate the diverse flora and fauna of the region and of course the magnificent view of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna South. Trekking in a relatively easy trail we reach Dobato which is dominated by the excellent view of the Annapurna South. Overnight in Dobato.
- Day Day 6 Morning sunrise Hike to Mulde Danda View point Trek to Chistibang (6-7hrs) 3026m/10100f Tea house in Chistibang
After breakfast, we descend through open ground and beautiful forest to reach the pastures of Lower Chistibung. Next, we ascend gradually through a forest before reaching Upper Chistibung which is a temporary herder’s settlement. If you’re lucky, you might even spot the colorful Lophophorus (Danphe), the national bird of Nepal, as well as Himalayan thar on the grassy ridge high above the trail. Overnight in Upper Chistibung
- Day Day 7 Chistibang to Khopra Danda (4-5hrs) 3660m/12250f Tea house in Khopra
To reach the ridge at Kopra, you will embark on a steady climb that carries you above the tree line. This area is noted for wildlife, so you should keep your eyes open for Himalayan tahr and Danfe pheasant. The best way to tackle the climb is to ascend steadily, take your time and rest as often as you wish.You will reach the lodge on Kopra Ridge in time for lunch and will be greeted by more awe-inspiring views. This extraordinary panorama includes Annapurna South, towering directly above you at only six kilometres away, with Fang and Nilgiri prominent to the north. Across the depths of the Kali Gandakhi Valley, the Dhaulagiri Himal dominates the entire western skyline. The Kopra Community Lodge is the highlight of our work in the region.
- Day Day 8 Trek Khopra Danda to Swanta (5-6 hrs) 2400m/8000f Hotel in Swanta
From Kopra Ridge you will descend off the hillside and continue steeply downhill. You will retrace the route back to Chistibung. You will then head to the village of Swanta, where you will stay overnight in the newly constructed lodge. We have supported the local school over the years, and there is time to pay a quick visit, and perhaps interact with the kids.
- Day Day 9 Trek Swanta to Ghorepani (5-6 hrs ) 2874m/9685f Hotel in Gorepani
From Swanta you will descend through the village fields to a small river and take a quick look at the local water mill. From here you will cross the suspension bridge and head upwards to the village of Chittre, where you’ll join the main trekking trail. There is a further ascent to reach the village of Ghorepani where you will be met with great views of the Dhaulagiri massif and a well-earned rest
- Day Day 10 Trek to Ghorepani to Tikhedunga (5-6hrs) 1540m/5100f Tea house in Tikhedunga
Poon Hill,at an elevation of 3210m gives the most magnificent panoramic views of the Himalayas. With the early morning sunrise, the golden peaks come into life. After an hour of the spectacular view, we return to Ghorepani for a hot meal and then start the day’s trek. Walking along ridges and rhododendron forests, we pass Ulleri, a large Magar village to finally reach Tikhedhunga, our destination for the day
- Day Day 11 Trek to Nayapul and Drive back to Pokhara (1 hrs drive) 827m/2700f Hotelin Pokhara
A light trekking from Tikhedhunga gets us to Nayapul from where Pokhara is just an hour’s drive away. Pokhara is a wonderful valley with mountain views and beautiful lakes. Overnight stay at a Hotel.
- Day Day 12 Drive back to Kathmandu [ 1300m /4264Ft ] [ 5 Hrs]
Today we make our return journey to Kathmandu early morning by Tourist Bus. This usually takes 7 hours, Flying is about 25 minute. After checking in hotel in Kathmandu , we are free to spend our time relaxing, shopping, more exploring the area further and discovering more monasteries as you can and meeting the lamas, trade emails with travel companions and organize the photos or simply by watching the sun go down from the hotel terrace with a coffee or beer.
Inclusions & Details
• Kathmandu-Pokhara in domestic Flight • All airport transfer by private car • One Night Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast • Two Nights Hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast • Nine Nights – Ten Days Full Board Trek; – One cycle of meals (Main Course only), – Accommodation in Teahouse with Common Bathroom in Twin Sharing Basis, – ACAP and TIMS Card, – Govt. licensed; experience Trekking Guide, – One porter for every two pax with maximum 20 kg weight while on trek – Private transport to/from trek start/end point, – Meals, Accommodation, Transportation, Salary as per TAAN, Staff PAN tax as per Govt. rule, Insurance etc for Nepali staffs • First Aid Kit with Basic Supplies appropriate for Trek Route & Group Size – If you require specific Medications, you must inform us before the Trip-departure • Tourism Tax and Govt. VAT 24.3% ransportation with local bus trek starting or ending point,
• Emergency evacuations and insurance • Lunch & Dinner ( In Kathmandu & Pokhara) • Return Domestic flights ( Pokhara – Kathmandu ) • Personal clothing and equipment • Personal Beverages, Mineral water, Starters, Deserts, Hot shower, Laundry, Battery charging • Unforeseen expenses due to Political Unrest or Natural Calamities etc. • Tips
For Queries & Reservations
Group travel is a great way to discover new adventures and create memories that last forever . Choose your trip with guaranteed departure dates and join us now.